When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify This Clicking Noise Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

glitterjig

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can anyone tell me what is causing this annoying clicking? I can feel it in my feet through the pedals - I thought it was coming from inside the crank casing from dry bearings or something but that wasn’t it. Had it greased/serviced and it’s still happening.
Please note: The noise and feelings on my feet through the pedals don’t happen AT ALL until I’ve ridden about 1 mile. Like it gets ‘warmed up’ and starts happening, which is why my repairman and I thought for sure it was the bearings. That has been thoroughly checked out though.

Last edited:
I so wish it was the chain hitting the guard but the chain is properly tightened. The bearings are newly packed/greased. Thank you for your reply.

That noise has to be the chain hitting the guard or the mounting brackets. I turned the volume to max and no doubt that's the issue. Put the bike in a stand and watch it from the non drive side.
The noise and feelings on my feet through the pedals don’t happen at all until I’ve ridden about 1 mile. Like it gets ‘warmed up’ and starts happening, which is why my repairman and I thought for sure it was the bearings. That has been thoroughly checked though.

That noise has to be the chain hitting the guard or the mounting brackets. I turned the volume to max and no doubt that's the issue. Put the bike in a stand and watch it from the non drive side.
The noise doesn’t happen at all until I have ridden 1 mile.

Back