When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify this Elgin and fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dave K

I live for the CABE
Going to be parting this Elgin but wanted to learn more about it first.

I believe this is was built from parts. Can anyone identify the fenders and what bike they belong on? They have the drop stand fender brace combo mount. Also any info on the frame and other parts.

Thanks for any info

IMG_5789.JPG
IMG_5791.JPG
IMG_5793.JPG
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_5799.JPG

What makes you think this bike was pieced together?

The frame/fork, truss rods, and fenders all appear to be original to the bike.

Those parts are all circa 1935 Snyder.

Very interesting bike, I haven't seen a Snyder built Elgin before. Unusual as Snyder was supplying the same moto frame to Montgomery Wards at the time.

The light may have been added, but the bike as a whole appears to be correct.

I just noticed the fitting on the fender for the headlight wiring. So maybe the light is original as well.

I did a little research, RMS37 (Phil Marshall) did post about these Snyder built Moto bikes. The Snyder bikes are indeed in the Sears catalogs from 35. Apparently they did supply Sears and Montgomery Wards with the same frame.

Great thanks for the info. I thought it was built from parts because of input from another collector and because most of the old literature shows a much shorter front fender. I know absolutely nothing about Elgins.

Back