When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify this MB

-
I know this is an older thread and nobody may care anymore.
I do not claim to be a Mountain Bike guru, nor did I ever play one on TV. 😹

I did however collect all types of bikes to start a bicycle and toy museum. At one point I had over 2000 bikes, most waiting to be repaired into a condition nice enough to show their former glory. I saw numerous bikes from many brands and retailers.

It is quite possible this bike was made by Roadmaster, or whoever made some of Roadmaster's bikes. I am however about 85% certain this bike is in fact a Sears Free Spirit bike. I had several of them spanning more than 2+ decades and all the later mountain bikes had the exact FS logo on the downtube and some form of FS on the top tube.

Also, if you notice Roadmaster put their name prominently on all their downtubes from that era. Any model logo was almost always top tube only.

I am going through some catalog and other info to see if I can find anything on it. This would be much easier if there was a photo of the headbadge/decal because that almost always tells the tail, so to speak.
More later, Rob

I know this is an older thread and nobody may care anymore.
I do not claim to be a Mountain Bike guru, nor did I ever play one on TV. 😹

I did however collect all types of bikes to start a bicycle and toy museum. At one point I had over 2000 bikes, most waiting to be repaired into a condition nice enough to show their former glory. I saw numerous bikes from many brands and retailers.

It is quite possible this bike was made by Roadmaster, or whoever made some of Roadmaster's bikes. I am however about 85% certain this bike is in fact a Sears Free Spirit bike. I had several of them spanning more than 2+ decades and all the later mountain bikes had the exact FS logo on the downtube and some form of FS on the top tube.

Also, if you notice Roadmaster put their name prominently on all their downtubes from that era. Any model logo was almost always top tube only.

I am going through some catalog and other info to see if I can find anything on it. This would be much easier if there was a photo of the headbadge/decal because that almost always tells the tail, so to speak.
More later, Rob
good eye, and informative....

Back