When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify this MB

-

John Gailey

I live for the CABE
I picked this up locally because it looked unusual. I'm guessing 80's-90's. With FS, Free Spirit is the first thing that comes to mind. Thanks

IMG_4518.jpg

Free Spirit was a name that Sears assigned to many of their bikes - some were good, some were terrible. Yours is not a vintage mountain bike, or a Sears. You may do better to check with bikeforums or mtbr.

That rear suspension is bizarre... It just looks like the suspension fork but reversed... The whole bike screams Costco/Sam's Club special.

I think its a cool bike, even if its not name brand. Didn't Manitou experiment with a similar form of rear suspension?
The swing arm and shocks appear to be alloy castings. The brakes make me think it is early 1990s.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Agreed!! A very strange Chinese knock-off of an early 90's design....I have no idea and I have seen a lot of MTB stuff over the years!

Wow funky design! Front suspension, rear shock AND seatstay suspension. Now that's fully suspended! All you need is add suspension stem and suspension seatpost!

FS Elite non suspension models fairly common. Shown here elevated Stay Backwoods II and other Grand Teton. Both full rigid. I guess the OP is their Full Suspension model

Back