When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify Vintage Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm very new to The Cabe and have just recently started to collect some vintage bikes. I only have a couple of decent bikes so far as I am extremely new and inexperienced to this. By chance I came across this Hawthorne that was about to go to the scrapyard and well,...I couldn't let that happen. This is my first post and I would love to get some feedback on model and roundabout date of this bike.
Number 09581 on seat tube and 05 SN on BB.
Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm very new to The Cabe and have just recently started to collect some vintage bikes. I only have a couple of decent bikes so far as I am extremely new and inexperienced to this. By chance I came across this Hawthorne that was about to go to the scrapyard and well,...I couldn't let that happen. This is my first post and I would love to get some feedback on model and roundabout date of this bike.
Number 09581 on seat tube and 05 SN on BB.
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 337914

View attachment 337915

View attachment 337916

View attachment 337917

View attachment 337919

View attachment 337921

View attachment 337922
It looks a lot like my 1941 Hawthorne except yours is in better shape than my project. Welcome to an addiction that never ends!

IMG_20160616_155621995.jpg

After looking closer yours is probably newer than mine since you don't have the tabs for the drop kick stand and the forks are different. Still it's a rad bike though good luck!

Hey it's a great starter bike find the nessasary parts as you can build him up and ride on my friend. Frame looks to be early 50's. Fork is older as well as its a skip tooth drive. That too might have been changed

I have a 1953 with the same skip tooth chain ring and the same head badge. Coincidentally it was my first good bike I found when I started collecting.

I have simular also can't send pic off phone I'm on holiday in Italy will try when I get back to states. Mine reverse drop outs no tabs for drop stand same chain ring and fork. My badge mounts at screws 12 n 6

Big repair on frame by kickstand mount. Make a good rider for sure if the frame is straight.

Mike

Hey thanks for the replies. It takes people like you guys to educate me.
Was this a possible tank bike? I don't see any indications of it.

Back