Help Identify

This ad disappears when logged in

Irish 77 Cruiser

On Training Wheels
May 4, 2019
California
32e62f20350591c61b4693cf0b47dadd.jpg

I’m looking for any insight that can help me lock down this frame. I’ve been told it’s a mid to late 30’s Schwinn double curved bar. Is there anything I should be looking for to say if it’s specifically a Schwinn or some other bike manufacturers from that time frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I have a 1937 Roadmaster that looks like that bike, but I've also seen Schwinn bicycles like that.

Artweld

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sep 4, 2015
View attachment 992164

I’m looking for any insight that can help me lock down this frame. I’ve been told it’s a mid to late 30’s Schwinn double curved bar. Is there anything I should be looking for to say if it’s specifically a Schwinn or some other bike manufacturers from that time frame?

Your rear dropouts are different then that schwinn so is the seat post. Yours look more like the first pic I'm leaning more towards that style of frame

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
I agree, with those drop outs, it's got to be Cleveland Welding Company bike.

Irish 77 Cruiser

On Training Wheels
May 4, 2019
California
I agree. The back bars are flat on the frame I have. On the neck there are two small holes where the badge would be and they are side to side not top to bottom. Is that the way the “CWC” company has them?

Irish 77 Cruiser

On Training Wheels
May 4, 2019
California
A lil heavy handed with the serial area but you did expose it well and no one will see it anyway!!!

Note the nicely formed letter and number set and even stamping of a quality CWC product!

H serial would indicate late 1940 early 1941 production.
Ya, the paint was put on thick by the guy who gave me the frame. I picked up a 59’ Schwinn from the same guy and he just handed me this frame for free.

Is there a website for the “CWC” bikes that have all this info like the Schwinn bikes have?

Irish 77 Cruiser

On Training Wheels
May 4, 2019
California
Hey “Skiptooth” thanks for the info bud. Every little bit helps. The seat clamp is definitely welded on. I just took a look at that.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture