When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying 1938 Fender Light

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tikibar

Finally riding a big boys bike
Anyone know what fender light this is?
It's pictured in the 1938 Schwinn catalog for model BC117.

https://bikehistory.org/catalogs/1938.html

Description says it's a polished aluminum, self contained, fender light.

Thanks!

Schwinn_1938_BC118_Model-C_arrow.jpg

Post up a photo of the bike for which you think you need this light. I thought you had a C model project not a BC.

That's a good point, I should have posted the frame. Here's what I'm starting with (and thanks to you all for helping!)

I rescued the frame from a restroyed frankenbike, hoping to identify the original prewar Schwinn model and then bring it back with the right parts. Is it a 1938? It's a repaint so don't know what it originally looked like. I added the fork and used some truss rods I had on hand, but am thinking the truss rods would have been an earlier style, like in the '38 catalog.

Assuming I have the approximate year right, I was going to narrow down which parts would be used, such as the fender light.

schwinn_1938_model-c_frame_fork_20180506_103012.jpg

Schwinn-1938_Model-C-Serial.jpg

Yeah you have a C model style frame, not the BC. You can tell by the longer flat section on the top tube, the BC is more curved.

Good thing for you in a way, that BC tank and aluminum light are expensive and hard to find.

That's a good tip to tell the C and BC frames apart, I hadn't noticed the difference in the top bar. Kind of a relief, as the BC rack is also a hard one. Still thinking I need the other truss rods, though.

Maybe I'll start a separate thread on the build, good to have input. Thanks!

Another "improvement" by those advanced thinking people at eBay. When you post a link to an ended auction now, it automatically sends you to somethin else when you click the link. Why in the heck do they do stupid stuff like this.... oh, nevermind, it's because they can, and can then call it an improvement. What a pain in the butt.

If you don't have the item number now, you can't seem to do an advanced search either....

Sorry
Soapbox mode off.
REC

Back