When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying 20s Frame

-

RPower

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was pretty sure this is a mid 20s Excelsior built frame and low and behold, after stripping 4 layers of paint and colors, including the obligatory Harley green house paint, I find a serial number and what appears to be a lug or lugs on the seat tube. I wanted to leave it alone but it was probably the ugliest bike I have ever seen and now have to figure out how to badge it and a patina paint scheme. The original paint appears to have been red, with no traces of white anywhere on the frame. Any help confirming its identity, badge choice and paint scheme is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

Yes, likely an MC, Indiana Excelsior made moto 20's something. Badge hole spacing? Interesting flat/thick upper rear seat tube brazing.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that caught my eye when I was stripping it. Spacing is 2 1/4 or slightly less.

Back