When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying a Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dustin Barkley

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello,

I just got this bicycle today and I am hoping for some more information. Unfortunately it looks to be repainted and I can't figure out anything about the specific bike other than the Jet on the badge. The serial # is in the last image. Not sure if the first number is "1" or "4". Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
IMG_1333.jpg
IMG_1334.jpg
Hello
IMG_1335.jpg

-----

the Jet marque issues from Nippon

IIRC it is a product of Bridgestone

steerer may exhibit one of the Bridgestone hallmarks such as the letters BS inside a keystone outline

1658614367576.png

the marque seems to belong to Bridgestone as opposed to being something serving as a house brand for a chainstore

manufacturers of major cycle brands will often have one or more secondary badges which are employed for sales to chain stores/general merchandise retailers as opposed to actual bicycle shops

they like to keep their flagship marque for "trade only", i.e. sales only through the bicycle trade

this example looks to hail from the late 1950's to early 1960's era
serial suggests date of manufacture may have been 1964
one check you could make is to clear the area to the left of the first numeral four to see if there is an additional character there hidden by the paint

bottom bracket assembly appears to be Thompson/Thun type -

-----

Last edited:
-----

if one looks closely it is clear that appearance of headplate top edge is due do imperfect masking for the current respray

-----

Last edited:
Back