When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying a Hercules

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jeff f.

Look Ma, No Hands!
Any clues ?

E92B0C6B-6AFB-4936-A503-AE5363DF12CD.jpeg

8E3DC4D3-DBE7-44B9-B529-5E8628CC353E.jpeg

8FF73DA9-866F-4782-86B9-BC53E3A5512A.jpeg

-----

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for sharing this interesting new arrival.

Lugs, crown, crown cap, headset and very probably shell as well look to be Brampton items.

If shell exhibits a raised two digit numeral in the middle of its underside that is the Brampton stock number and nothing to do with a serial or date.

Appears there may be at least two and possibly three items wonky on the front.

Blades look to be slightly bent back and may not be parallel. Steerer may be unstraight also. Front wheel appears wildly misdished.

Our numerous strongman experts shall be along anon with far more and better information for you. ;)

-----

I'd guess early to mid-'50's for the date. I think 1956 was the last year for the oval cut-outs in the lugs.

Interesting that it has the new style badge but old style chainring. The early 1950s catalogs show "Sports" type models similar to this bike, but they show the later "H" style chain ring. The bike looks certainly post-war to me, but I wonder if it might be late 1940s-early 1950s era during the transition from the old badges and chainrings to the newer. The seat tube script decal matches some of those seen in the early 1950s catalogs.

Back