When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying a Specialized Road bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HerrOtto

Finally riding a big boys bike
Today I purchased a Blue in Color Specialized Road bike that is believed to be from mid to late 90's. I have tried using bike pedia to compare components with this bike but have failed to I.D. the model or year. The bike has the following: A1 aluminum frame,fork is Kinesis aluminum 6061 and is Chrome in color, Front derailleur is Shimano 105, the following are all Shimano RSX: brakes, rear deraileur, hubs, crank set, the rims are Mavic, and it is a 8 speed, right shifter is a Shimano Ultegra flight deck and the left shifter is a Shimano 105 flight deck. The Shifters may have been upgraded per the owners son. Any help identifying the model and year is appreciated.

20210413_105039.jpg

Velobase dates the RSX RD as late '90s, - 1999 was the last year of the RSX group.
RSX pins your bike upper limit date as 1999. RSX group became Sora in 2000.

Noteworthy, RSX 7-speed brifters were introduced in 1995, upgraded to 8-speed in 1999. Indexed downtube shifters were also available through 1998 (all 7-speed).
My guess is your bike was sold as a 7-sp in 1998 or earlier.
The 105SC was one step up in the Shimano hierarchy, Ultegra above that, and guessing these were later upgrades on your bike, along with a new 8-sp cassette.

BTW, if it's missing RSX 7-sp brifters, these are highly desirable as the only 7-sp brifters that were ever offered.

Last edited:
Bulldog1935, thanks for the great info. Would you guess that the bike is the entry level Specialized Allez road bike or one of the higher level Allez line? Thank you

Back