When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying barn finds - Iver Johnson & Unknown

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What a Find!!!

You are very lucky to have "found" these bikes.
I do not know much about bike #1 (looks 1890's-ish to me), but I do know enough to say that this is the kind of bike you would see in a museum.

For the Iver Johnson, with the exception of the seat missing, it does look to be complete and original, including the pedals (my opinion). If you provide the six digit serial number (likely located on the frame near the seat post), the year of manufacture can probably be tied down to within a year, give or take one year. Because the seat is missing, I would place a value of $950 to $1,150 on bike #2 if everything is straight and there is no serious damage.

Mike

WOW, that 1890's bike is gorgeous! I would have been excited just to find a 1970s Peugeot or something, never mind a very nice Iver Johnson and that museum-quality 19th Century bike! If I wasn't still rebuilding savings, I'd make you an offer on #1. That bike is a real work of art.

Hi everyone,
First I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the messages, information, and offers I've received on these bikes. It's truly been overwhelming. I'm still replying to messages, but it's taking a while to get through them all. Meanwhile, I'm also trying to find out more information about the bikes. The good news is that from everything I've read and been told, it's all original including the pedals. In the mean time I'm basically not touching them, and definitely not cleaning them! I'll update this thread when I have more information, or if you'd like me to contact you about the bicycles, send me your contact information in a PM! Thanks again!

And I don't like to speak for everyone else, but it's probably pretty safe to say it would be great to see even more pictures!

Yep, do your research, find out what you have. Take a year or so. I am fairly sure I saw a very early Rover, which is where bicycling came from, in other words the first modern bicycle snatched up on this site.

The guy that had it was from Russia.

Do your research. You are swimming in a pool of sharks.

my offer is only to keep everyone on track , I will buy the bike as soon as a fair price is found , there is no set price , copake is an auction environment,where you will pay a price for the exposure , i will travel to pick the machine up ,and keep it from needing shipping ,, if I do not get the bike ,, I have the tires and the brake system for whoever ends up with the bike . they are not rare to people who have knowledge of these early bikes , . the situation of how this machine is found or discovered is rare,,. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone , . I look forward to hearing the rest of the story .. walter branche ,,searching and selecting

early bike

i made a couple of offers on two early bikes last year in similar condition , two very early Iver Johnson,s $8000.00 would not do the deal ,i wonder if it would today ? seems the bike market is a little cooler l,K_P)

Back