When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dclose

On Training Wheels
I'm looking for help identifying the make and model of this bicycle.

Based on the research I've done it looks like this may be a Sears Spaceliner or Murray Astrolite. There is no tank in the picture but the frame has tabs where one could be installed.

The only identifying numbers I can find is a series of numbers on the rear of the frame. The number is;

MCY74X7--319606

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 168
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 168
for starters the bikes in photos are not the same.

black and white photo: the bars flowing from head set to drop outs thin to a close at each end.

color photo bike does not thin to contact at the same ends

for starters the bikes in photos are not the same.

black and white photo: the bars flowing from head set to drop outs thin to a close at each end.

color photo bike does not thin to contact at the same ends

That's an interesting mystery. My grandparents must have had two different bikes over the years. I got this one after my grandfather passed away and assumed it was the same one from the b&W pics. So any idea what the one in the color picture is?

The bike in the B&W photo also has a springer fork
where the color photo the bike has a standard fork.
JKent

You could be right on both. The old black and white photo looks to be a Sears Spaceliner, while the bike in your second photo looks to be closer to the Murray astroflite. The Astroflite has the middle tube that terminates at the dropout, and it has the little plastic fender trim. Murray built the bike with several variations and they were then sold under several different brand names. It was sold under Murray, JC Higgins/Sears, Western flyer, AMC, and I believe through Jc Penneys under their Foremost brand. Possibly others too?

The parts are interchangeable, the bike in the photo is a rider I have and it's a combination of parts....

Attachments

• 1962 Spaceliner.jpg
    1962 Spaceliner.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 115
Back