When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Dad's bike

-

snickle

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi guys n gals, I was wondering if you'd help me ID the trikes in this photo of my Dad and Uncle. This photo was taken in the late 50's/early 60's.

Thanks
img023.jpg

Wow...that's kind of tough looking at a scanned image. Do you have a loupe which would magnify the head badge area about 8X or more? I buy original vintage trike photos on ebay when they look pretty clear, taken with a camera with a good lens. With a loupe I can many times see the name or even just a few letters on the badge...just enough to ID the name. With having the original photo, you might be able to pick out letters on the badges of both trikes.

Just guessing, I'd say possibly PAL or Junior for the trike makes. From what I can see of the badges, they both appear to be the same shape and style. One trike is definitely a 12" and the other is a 16". Here's another site you could submit your photo and question - www.tricyclefetish.com - the owner has a Q&A blog and is pretty good with identifying tricycles going all the way back to the 1930s, and earlier with some trike makes. Hope this info helps, and hope someone can positively ID both trikes for you.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Ridingtoy, I will try to get ahold of the original image.. I believe my grandmother has it. I also checked out that site you mentioned. I had no idea there were so many trike makers! I like the small truss rods on those bikes, it really adds to the vintage look. I hope to buy trikes like that soon for my kids.

Thanks again!

Rich

Back