When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying "Flying Ace"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RPower

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello again bike experts. It looks like I have found another bike that is difficult to identify and respectfully request assistance in determining exactly what it is. It is badged as a Firestone Flying Ace but I am not sure if it hasn't been re-badged. The Serial number is H594376 and past posts on The Cabe lead to a 1946 Shelby? Cranks and fork look Dayton/Huffman. Following are some pics that should help. Thanks again for any feedback. --Ralph

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

The H on the wedge bolt is for Huffman, the forks are Huffman, and it has the same headset cups as my 53 Huffy. The Huffman serial thread has some 47s with the newer expected "7H" (Year, Huffman) serial numbers that continued through about 1972?, so it must be older than 1947. The tank looks to be for some other frame.

EDIT: This bike from the serial number thread has a 1947 serial number, and is badged Firestone Flying Ace also. I'm guesing yours is 1946.

meats-new-ride-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - good to know it is likely a Flying Ace as badged. I added the tank and light from my parts stock and it is replacing my mountain bike as the daily rider unit I find the next one. I did add a Nexus 3 speed coaster hub (bought a skip tooth cog for it) and a SA drum up front to compensate for Colorado riding but I can always pop the original set up back on. I'll replace the light with the original when I find it since the holes are there. Again, thank you for the help!!

Back