When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying Iver Johnson Year

-
1914 going by serial number and the fact that crank nut is on opposite side of the chain ring. 13 would have been on ring side I do believe. Very cool

OK, with a 2, that's probably an earlier one to switch the crank nut, so I think the other estimates are right. As reference, my 1911/1912 is SN: 195xxx. You can safely say it's over 100 years old.

I know this thread is getting old now but just looking at it again it seems more obvious at least to me for 3 reasons. And of course I could be wrong because I’m just learning from all of you wise Ivermen. So please correct me if I’m wrong. #1 reason= SN is 249xxx on this bike. Duchess you stated that your 195xxx is 11 or 12 and I agree later 11 early 12. I have one SN 204xxx which I believe to be a solid 1912, also crank nut is on ring side. So if SN 300xxx is 1916 as stated in reference then that places the above bike between 12 and 16. #2 is the nut on left side of bike. By looking at the catalogs It appears that nut was first placed on ring side in 1909 and continued through 1913... 14 was back on the left side of the bike. #3 is that if I’m not mistaken 1915 is the first year the SN was put on seat tube. So to me looking at the SN and posistion of number as well as crank nut, I’m saying 1915. Again I could be wrong and I’m only elaborating because it’s kind of fun to investigate. Can anyone confirm? Anthony

Back