When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Little Rock Roadmaster

-

Raised By Roadmaster

On Training Wheels
Hello Bike People,

Thanks you in advance for looking at this thread/post.

I have a Little Rock (badge) Roadmaster that i need help identifying the year and value.

Bike was restored about 25 years ago. From there, it was displayed and then moved to the garage to languish with the others. Think Toy Story.

Due to storage, there's pitting and general cold-air wear. I'll do my best to remedy this. The seat post clamp is missing, but that's it. It's in good shape.

Bike has tank with horn and light button, star crank, badge saying Little Rock and rode well...25 years ago.

The serial number is M23629. This may be off by one number. It's hard to tell.

Any help would be appreciated. See photos (3rd photo looks a lot like Wall-E or Road-E) That's my second Pixar reference. Sorry. Thanks.

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_5014.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

IMG_7802.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Last edited:
I have one just like this in a little worse condition. Good riding middleweight from the early 60's I believe. Can't remember the model name on the chainguard though. Jet Pilot I believe. Can we see the "show side" of yours please?

By the way, your seat post clamp isn't missing. Never had one. Seat post is a quill type. ;)

Star cranks are jus' 1 of those things that makes these middle weights even cooler with their designs ;) I bought an OG girl's bike just because it had the crank & Decent Original paint

Cleveland Welding Co. was the original manufacturer, bought out by AMF in 1951. According to Phil Marshall's chart here:
- the first letter in your serial number should give the year, as @Mr. Monkeyarms said early '60's. One thing is curious about your bike, that head badge was usually on bikes without tanks, the ones with tanks had a triangular sticker on the head tube below the tank. Otherwise, it looks straight, clean and original, and when you get that chrome polished up it's going to be blinding!

Cleveland Welding Co. was the original manufacturer, bought out by AMF in 1951. According to Phil Marshall's chart here:
- the first letter in your serial number should give the year, as @Mr. Monkeyarms said early '60's. One thing is curious about your bike, that head badge was usually on bikes without tanks, the ones with tanks had a triangular sticker on the head tube below the tank. Otherwise, it looks straight, clean and original, and when you get that chrome polished up it's going to be blinding!

This head badge sticker thing has me curious. Need to dig mine out to check. Been thinking about that one lately since being stored from returning from a movie set a few years ago.....

I have one just like this in a little worse condition. Good riding middleweight from the early 60's I believe. Can't remember the model name on the chainguard though. Jet Pilot I believe. Can we see the "show side" of yours please?

By the way, your seat post clamp isn't missing. Never had one. Seat post is a quill type. ;)
Thank you and excuse my ignorance (quill). Man, these huge photos make the bike look like i fished it out of a drainage ditch. I promise, it's much in person...kinda. Show side? I'm starting to think it doesn't have one.

greg

Thank you and excuse my ignorance (quill). Man, these huge photos make the bike look like i fished it out of a drainage ditch. I promise, it's much in person...kinda. Show side? I'm starting to think it doesn't have one.

greg
Looks better than most I have gathered to save or build something from. "Show side" means a Full chain guard side shot ;)

Quill seat post has a bolt at the top and wedge on bottom to adjust seat height. Just like the stem for the handlebar. ;) Kind of a pain to get a wrench on but makes for a clean look.

I know this thread is two years old, but looking at some catalogs I picked up, this is a Roadmaster Skylark. Any decal on the chainguard?

Back