When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying my dad's old bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deathcrow76

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was very lucky and was able to track down and buy back my dad's bike. I want to restore it. Can anyone please help me identify it? What kind of Schwinn is it and what year? The serial number looks like L504646. I found the site where you can type in the number or identify by number but it seems there are too many numbers? I appreciate your help so much, thank you.

bike.jpg

serial number.jpg

Not a Schwinn. Mabe do a refurbish instead of restore. Awesome you acquired your father's bike, priceless in memory and heart. Restoration problaty not practical but refurb and keeping it upright defenality worth while considering the personal history. Ride and enjoy your father's bike and pass it on.

A restoration is defined. Period. I said refurbish because you might need a head set and OEM is hard to find but Wald sells one, or a sprocket, or whatever. Under that barn red might be original paint mabe not. If not your going to paint it, might as well paint original colors. Cool keep it as original as possible and have fun thinking of that guy that gave you life, Dad. More then what I ment as refurbish is what restore means. Restore is very specific. Your lucky to have acquired your Father's bike. Have fun. This bike has a story keep it going. My 2 cents.

A restoration is defined. Period. I said refurbish because you might need a head set and OEM is hard to find but Wald sells one, or a sprocket, or whatever. Under that barn red might be original paint mabe not. If not your going to paint it, might as well paint original colors. Cool keep it as original as possible and have fun thinking of that guy that gave you life, Dad. More then what I ment as refurbish is what restore means. Restore is very specific. Your lucky to have acquired your Father's bike. Have fun. This bike has a story keep it going. My 2 cents.
Very well said, thank you!

Back