When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying old Colson Bike(s)

-

Joe in Pa.

On Training Wheels
HI all,
Am very new to this forum (1st post !!!)
I found these 2 Colson bikes and in researching what year/model / worth etc.etc., came across this site.
I turned 1 over ,, the one with the "gastank" type frame .. and was able to read H 136 between the pedals..
I have not looked at the one with the stand attached yet ..
Is there any "value" in these bikes?
0626191326[1].jpg

0626191327[1].jpg
Thanks in advance,
Joe in PA.

Girl's bikes were gaining some steam as far as value goes but it seems like they have recessed again and are often hard to sell. Combo of them being in general better shape so you can find nice ones easier and a lot of collectors are guys. Yes there are some women out there that collect (and even on here) but I think it's safe to say the majority are dudes. Where in northeast Pa are you?

That first one with the tank is called a blister tank model. Probably has an official "real name" but that is what it's referred to as. As far as age... I think the blister tank started up in 1941 but I'm thinking these are more early 50's. I'm not sure when they stopped making that model

Both look postwar-early 50s? The one with tank and light is a deluxe bike the other a base level model. If I were selling CL, Letgo, or FB Marketplace because they are not worth shipping. V/r Shawn

Girl's bikes were gaining some steam as far as value goes but it seems like they have recessed again and are often hard to sell. Combo of them being in general better shape so you can find nice ones easier and a lot of collectors are guys. Yes there are some women out there that collect (and even on here) but I think it's safe to say the majority are dudes. Where in northeast Pa are you?
Am in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area

Back