When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Old Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rverbsky

On Training Wheels
Hi,

I work at a transportation museum in Maine and I'm trying to learn more about some of our collections. One is this tricycle. It has been at the museum since 1990 but it has no markings or manufacturing badges. The donor is long dead, so I can't even contact them to ask. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_7080.JPG

This is a PAL Superbike made by the La Porte Corp., La Porte, IN. Here's another topic on the CABE showing this chain drive model PAL tricycle. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-help-identifying-please.53309/

Probably dates to the late 1940s or thereabouts. Not sure how many years they produced this tricycle model. The seat top, chainguard, and rear step plate design are all features that positively identify it as a PAL model.

Dave

This is a PAL Superbike made by the La Porte Corp., La Porte, IN. Here's another topic on the CABE showing this chain drive model PAL tricycle. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/need-help-identifying-please.53309/

Probably dates to the late 1940s or thereabouts. Not sure how many years they produced this tricycle model. The seat top, chainguard, and rear step plate design are all features that positively identify it as a PAL model.

Dave
Thanks so much for help and the fast reply!

Thanks so much for help and the fast reply!
You're certainly welcome! Your museum sounds like it has some nice collections. Is there a website where someone can see some of the other items you have on display? Or, could you post some photos of bikes/trikes that can be seen by visitors?

Dave

Back