When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Sears Ladies Model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LGibbs1372

Look Ma, No Hands!
The seller has this advertised as a 1950s Sears bike. I'm thinking it's more likely from the 60s but I don't know a thing about Sears bikes...or most bikes for that matter. I'd like to know what model this is and if it's worth picking up.

I've seen a Flightliner that looked similar but I want to get my info right.

00g0g_Jz0M010t7q_1200x900.jpg
00T0T_iJfXzBmsE90_600x450.jpg
01111_4TmKSm3K02F_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Late fiftied early sixties... That's a Sears bike that was built in Little Rock, Ark. by the Murray of Ohio manufacture. [they moved from Ohio to Ark. in the early 1950s]. This is a VERY CLEAN specimen... even the light has survived superbly; they usually do not. I may be a tight-wad; but this is a women's bike with little to no market... I would begin to worry about me if I spent $50.00 on it. There are folk who really like these tho... and this is a gem! It would be an example to KEEP in a large collection... just not much value.
How do I know it's a Murray? Look at rear axle nut and bottom fender brace above it; there is a pointy extension of the BLUE frame from the axle nut back... kind of a triangle, it's a Murray! On the other side of the bike; locate this same pointy piece; remove fender brace bolt/washer and axle nut/washer; now you can see MOx xxxx, etc. This is year data, Model designation, and serial number. Copy them down and Google Murray bicycle Serial Numbers; you will find several choices/sites where you can see what year [MOx] I believe will tell you. The four digit number group is the Sears Model/catalog number. The longer number grouping is the serial number. Another option: find Sears catalogs from that era and search the bicycles.

Last edited:
Late fiftied early sixties... That's a Sears bike that was built in Little Rock, Ark. by the Murray of Ohio manufacture. [they moved from Ohio to Ark. in the early 1950s]. This is a VERY CLEAN specimen... even the light has survived superbly; they usually do not. I may be a tight-wad; but this is a women's bike with little to no market... I would begin to worry about me if I spent $50.00 on it. There are folk who really like these tho... and this is a gem! It would be an example to KEEP in a large collection... just not much value.
How do I know it's a Murray? Look at rear axle nut and bottom fender brace above it; there is a pointy extension of the BLUE frame from the axle nut back... kind of a triangle, it's a Murray! On the other side of the bike; locate this same pointy piece; remove fender brace bolt/washer and axle nut/washer; now you can see MOx xxxx, etc. This is year data, Model designation, and serial number. Copy them down and Google Murray bicycle Serial Numbers; you will find several choices/sites where you can see what year [MOx] I believe will tell you. The four digit number group is the Sears Model/catalog number. The longer number grouping is the serial number. Another option: find Sears catalogs from that era and search the bicycles.
That's a ton of useful info, thanks for sharing!! If my husband gets enough time off, we're thinking about picking this bike up. I'm new to this so I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side for the moment and pick up bikes that won't hurt much if I couldn't sell them later on if I chose to rethink my collection.

Sears didn't put their name on bikes until 1964 or so. This was a really common model, edged out in popularity by the tankless version. But, in very nice shape.

Back