When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Western Flyer (1940 by Huffman?)?

-

programmer4hire

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello,

I'm new to vintage bikes. My long term goal is to get a WWII era military bicycle. In the short term, I picked up this bike last week because it looks like a military Huffman (at least to my newbie eyes).

The head badge says "Western Flyer" but the frame looks like some Huffmans that I have seen. In fact, I have learned that Huffman produced bicycles for Western Flyer.

The original paint on this is teal / light blue. It can be seen on the crank where the red is peeling off. I have seen other teal Western Flyers with this frame identified as 1940, Huffman built Western Flyers.

My questions are these:
Can someone help identify this?
Can I pass this off as a military huffman with some modifications (OD, Truss Rods, proper headlight, ?)
What other questions should I be asking?
Westfield1.jpg

Thanks

Show us a pic of the serial number underneath the crank. This looks late ‘30s CWC to me-not Huffman.

Hello,

I'm new to vintage bikes. My long term goal is to get a WWII era military bicycle. In the short term, I picked up this bike last week because it looks like a military Huffman (at least to my newbie eyes).

The head badge says "Western Flyer" but the frame looks like some Huffmans that I have seen. In fact, I have learned that Huffman produced bicycles for Western Flyer.

The original paint on this is teal / light blue. It can be seen on the crank where the red is peeling off. I have seen other teal Western Flyers with this frame identified as 1940, Huffman built Western Flyers.

My questions are these:
Can I pass this off as a military huffman with some modifications (OD, Truss Rods, proper headlight, ?)
View attachment 1732120

Thanks
1940/41 B.tank.
W.flyer...by CWC ✌️ 👀👀Vela= WATCH= VERAS...

BTW...NICE BIKE.!!!

Get a chain guard, a proper set of handle bars and some new tires. Couple of spray cans of Krylon
OD Green from Lowes and ride it till the wheels fall off !! Welcome to theCABE BTW. 😉 👍

Hello,

My questions are these:
View attachment 1732120

Thanks
A557E6A2-22A7-42A1-A656-9D3BF6003BE2.jpeg

252426B1-BB3B-4C1A-9FD7-5403914A48C1.jpeg

What’s a proper set of handle bars?
Check out Bergerwerke for the correct G519 Torrington pullback kind of handlebars.
Lots of photos of them out there. And it's probably the cheapest part to buy for this
type of bicycle, tribute or no. A valve cap may be cheaper, but don't quote me on that. 😉

Back