When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help id'ing a frame please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Matt thomas

'Lil Knee Scuffer
got this in a trade at a swap earlier this year. The dropouts look similar to my Colson?? Serial number is on the left dropout. Sorry, the pics are not great. I'll post more if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

20210924_182501.jpg

20210923_135531.jpg

What looks most peculiar about the frame, (besides the yoke joints at stays), might be the almost horizontal angle at which the down tube joins the bottom bracket.

That stamping on the rear fork end looks like it's machine stamped. I'm not aware of any possible prewar makes that had the serial on the rear fork ends. Part number stamping maybe?

Found this over at ratrod, guy seems to think it's a 41 Monark. Looks quite a bit like what i have here. Thanks for the replies. I'm going to keep researching and look for a definitive answer

frame1_zps7fe5592e.jpg

Thrown together with mostly parts i had on hand. Still not exactly sure what it is though. Super fun bike to cruise around on!

20211103_1356486182fc7120.jpg

Definitely Monark.
I'd look for serial number on a metal plate rivetted on the bottom of the bottom bracket.
You might find this little plate missing on your frame as indicated by holes or rivets in that location about an inch apart.

Definitely Monark.
I'd look for serial number on a metal plate rivetted on the bottom of the bottom bracket.
You might find this little plate missing on your frame as indicated by holes or rivets in that location about an inch apart.
prewar does not have a data plate. V/r Shawn

Back