When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help IDing a Monark

-
The fenders on the prewar bikes are standard deep balloon tire fenders and there are at least manufacturers used that style light although I believe they are all slightly different-Snyder (Rollfast), Murray (Mercury), and Monark. I'd be interested hearing from anyone who has compared the three. V/r Shawn
As much as I hate it you're away You're still a helpful informative guy ;) I was thinking those were standard fenders but I wasn't sure they were Monark nor the light (seen them on Rollfast here) so Now you have made me curious too as if they vary & what the tells are. I know they aren't easily or cheaply found but Monark stuff is my dream parts.

I understand now why the seller wanted to keep the fenders and light.
Thanks for the catalog references.
Ed

I understand now why the seller wanted to keep the fenders and light.
Thanks for the catalog references.
Ed
Yeah that Really Does Suck. You did get a Nice frame for cheap though. The cheapest I got was $20 for a built in cam kickstand Columbia frame which I'm Not sure is meant for 26x2.125" . I would gladly take that off your hands given a reasonable deal. Sure a lot of others may agree. It'd be my 1st Prewar & satiate Love. It would Absolutely Get Super Deep fenders!

Thanks, but I’ve got plans for it. And if it will set you mind at ease, I’m not going to Rat Rod it.
Hey hey hey it Could Be 1 Bad Ass Unique Rat Rod; I wouldn't be opposed to see that happen If You're Creative with it ;)

Have you seen the fender light similar to the 1 posted as the bike was that @kirk thomas has for sale? It's a little rough but If going back towards original correct parts that might interest you/be a ticket

A quick overview. I have a 1935 Elgin Oriole which I made into a military tribute bike. S8nce then I've acquired the stainless rain gutter fenders, correct wheels, seat, and handlebars to bring the Elgin back to original. All of the OD painted items will go on the Monark and it will become my tribute bike.

The fenders on the prewar bikes are standard deep balloon tire fenders and there are at least manufacturers used that style light although I believe they are all slightly different-Snyder (Rollfast), Murray (Mercury), and Monark. I'd be interested hearing from anyone who has compared the three. V/r Shawn
Yes, the fenders are the standard Monark deep fenders (5 3/8) not the real deep Super Deluxe fenders from the 50s. As for the Streamline style headlights (I like to call porpoise nose headlights) I have had 5, and 4 different styles. The first was a chrome version with "Shelby" script stamped in the side. Sorry I can't find a picture. The 2nd was also what I believe to be a Shelby "non script" also chrome with ribs. It came on my 41 Monark Airman I have but wasn't correct for the bike. I have seen 2 types of Streamline headlights on Monarks. The tall version with a ridge on the top which mounts completely on the top of the fender. I also have one of these on a set of Rollfast fenders. The other Monark is a shorter flat top version that mounts on a special fender with a recessed area for the light guts.

Yes, the fenders are the standard Monark deep fenders (5 3/8) not the real deep Super Deluxe fenders from the 50s. As for the Streamline style headlights (I like to call porpoise nose headlights) I have had 5, and 4 different styles. The first was a chrome version with "Shelby" script stamped in the side. Sorry I can't find a picture. The 2nd was also what I believe to be a Shelby "non script" also chrome with ribs. It came on my 41 Monark Airman I have but wasn't correct for the bike. I have seen 2 types of Streamline headlights on Monarks. The tall version with a ridge on the top which mounts completely on the top of the fender. I also have one of these on a set of Rollfast fenders. The other Monark is a shorter flat top version that mounts on a special fender with a recessed area for the light guts.

View attachment 1424272

View attachment 1424273

View attachment 1424274

View attachment 1424275

View attachment 1424276

View attachment 1424277
Man that 3 ribbed side 1 looks Swweeeet❗ I also like the other chrome 1 with the ribs on top. I bet they're even harder or less common to come by being Shelby. At least now we know there's differences & how they mount. I learned something ... should I ever come across any of these similar 👍🏻

Back