When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Im new to this and just received this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JANWALKER

On Training Wheels
Hi I am new to all of this and just received a Jc Higgins mens 3 speed. the only numbers I see so far on rear wheel base? is Jc Higgins 50280. any help to model or serial number, perhaps estimated Value. everything works but does need some paint restoration.
20180423_101827.jpg

Probably $50 to $200 tops if you find someone hot for it. I vote leave it original. Probably late 50’s-60’s. Sorry don’t know the specific model.

Hi I am new to all of this and just received a Jc Higgins mens 3 speed. the only numbers I see so far on rear wheel base? is Jc Higgins 50280. any help to model or serial number, perhaps estimated Value. everything works but does need some paint restoration. View attachment 793892
Probably $50 to $200 tops if you find someone hot for it. I vote leave it original. Probably late 50’s-60’s. Sorry don’t know the specific model.
shifter says sturmey archer england. GB PAT 498820649009

I agree late 50s but these aren’t really collectible and I think $35 is about tops on something like this. V/r Shawn

shifter says sturmey archer england. GB PAT 498820649009
The shifter is probably a replacement. The original shifter would have been made in Austria, like the hub. But a lot of those three speed hubs closely followed the Sturmey Archer design, or were made under license, so parts often interchange. It's a neat bike, but 3 speed lightweights still sell as used bikes most of the time.

And the serial number is usually under the bottom bracket, but you can date it from the rear hub, if it's original. It looks like yours has the Steyr hub which would be right, late '60's versions used Fichtel and Sachs, but they were badged as "Sears" by then.

Back