When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me date this New World please

-
@GTs58 This is more like it then.

1591982600106.png

1899 Catalog Pg06jpg.jpg

1917 vvvv
1917 Catalog Pg12.jpg
1917 Catalog Pg11.jpg

1925 vvvv
1925_World.jpg

1939 vvvv (NEW WORLD)
1939_00.jpg

1939_01 edited.jpg

1941 New World vvvv
1941 Schwinn New World Catalog Page.jpg

1942 War Model New Worlds (VW1M) vvvv
1942 Schwinn New World Maroon Fac. Options 1.JPG

1942 Schwinn New World Maroon Fac. Options 2.JPG

Sometime during the war the mudguard stays got changed from the round wire type seen on the early 40s bikes to the flat bar type, like on your friend's bike.

1948 New World
1948_schwinn_W1M - New World Lightweight.jpg

Last edited:
So New World to World was when? I'm thinking 1950..... Is that correct?
Well IMO I think the "New World" turned into the "World Traveler" in 1950. The "World" was the cheaper model and it seems more correct to me that the "World Traveler" was more in line with the "New World." However, I don't really think that one turned into other as the "World Traveler" was a completely different look and feel than the "New World." But I guess if you had to pick it would be "New World" to "World Traveler." I think @SirMike1983 told me once that there might be some straggler 1950 NWs but I haven't come across them. There might be a couple out there... And I don't think @Miq has any in his list.

Well IMO I think the "New World" turned into the "World Traveler" in 1950. The "World" was the cheaper model and it seems more correct to me that the "World Traveler" was more in line with the "New World." However, I don't really think that one turned into other as the "World Traveler" was a completely different look and feel than the "New World." But I guess if you had to pick it would be "New World" to "World Traveler." I think @SirMike1983 told me once that there might be some straggler 1950 NWs but I haven't come across them. There might be a couple out there... And I don't think @Miq has any in his list.
So why did they use New World decals on a World model?

So why did they use New World decals on a World model?
Can you explain?
There are NO "NEW WORLD" script decals on any World model schwinn. Or are you talking about the seat post "hat in the ring" decal? Those aren't specific to NWs as they show up on 30s/40s paramounts / superiors (and on the paramounts through the 50s, I think until '59, but don't know much about paramounts). They also show up again when the racers started in the mid-to-late 50s (after the world died off). They did use the "New World" round head badge on the '50 and '51 "World Travelers" and "World" models.

Can you explain?
There are NO "NEW WORLD" script decals on any World model schwinn. Or are you talking about the seat post "hat in the ring" decal? Those aren't specific to NWs as they show up on 30s/40s paramounts / superiors (and on the paramounts through the 50s, I think until '59, but don't know much about paramounts). They also show up again when the racers started in the mid-to-late 50s (after the world died off). They did use the "New World" round head badge on the '50 and '51 "World Travelers" and "World" models.
Never mind.

I was wrong about this, decals say World. Badge says New World. Guess I’ll have to edit all my posts on the bikes I’ve posted over the years. All to confusing to me.

Back