When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me ID This MOTOBIKE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great Western

Had a great conversation the other day with a historian of Great Western, very knowledgeable of the bikes produced by Great Western Manufacturing Co.
I'm told that GW did not make bikes or frames for Mead, just some pieces only, so now the fun can resume to identify the frame in question. What is it?????

I'm posting this bike for sale in the WTB section

Check out the for sale section if interested in purchasing.
Mike

Mead

I did check it out. The Mead Pathfinder does look quite nice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I still have not heard from anyone who had a definitive response as to what my motobike could be other than a Mead, but the front sprocket doesn't seem to match other Meads.

Is there anyone else out there who would like to chime in?? Please do so.

Mike
Sorry for the late response! LOL We've probably talked since..but I just was perusing old posts for misc. photos. This is GW made, most components; frame, fenders, fork, and of course crankset. Mead assembled these bikes from the ordered parts. The clue on fenders...GW was the only factory to braze-in the dropstand clips, and your photo confirmed that. Nice bike.

Back