When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me id this 40s ? ladies 28" bicycle please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

genesmachines

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently purchased this and need some help from the pros. No head badge, repainted ? I don't see other color paint. It has 28" Western Giant tires by Western Auto, 22" frame, a different style skip tooth chain, pic 6. I do not see where a stand could be attached. It has a black out New Departure model D rear and WL plated front hub. The valve stems, caps are metal and say Dill, pic 3. Troxel seat. The BB has no serial #, pic 5. I took the following pictures of parts I haven't seen before, I am a rookie at this. Any observations are appreciated, THANKS in advance

bg1.JPG

bg2.JPG

bg3.JPG

bg4.JPG

bg5.JPG

bg6.JPG

bg7.JPG

bg8.JPG

The Western Auto tires and some parts might be 1940's, but most of the bike is likely much earlier.
Clues are the bottom bracket crank hanger that literally has an actual "bottom bracket".
The T-top seat post, and collet seat post clamp are peculiar detail (means earlier).
The crankset with screws and bolts, and block chain are other peculiar items.
Newer stuff might be the saddle-seat, handle bars and stem; (perhaps others).

Definitely belongs in the Antique bicycle section with the block chain and 28" wheels. I'll let a moderator know so they can move it.

Sean
thanks i appreciate it
Definitely belongs in the Antique bicycle section with the block chain and 28" wheels. I'll let a moderator know so they can move it.

Sean
thanks, i appreciate it. the 40s hubs threw me

Gene I know there are a few bikes posted on here with the same threaded seat post nut. If I'm not mistaken Brant had one or two bikes with that setup. @cr250mark had a National built bicycle with a similar seat post nut.

Sean

Last edited:
Back