When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Me Identify The Year of this MW Hawthorne

-

Volksauto

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello! I'm new here and I picked up this Montgomery Wards Hawthorne Women's cruiser and I don't know the year it was built. I tried searching online everywhere but no luck. Could you guys help figure it out? P.S. The bell and lights are aftermarket.
Here is the bike:
DSCN0780.JPG

DSCN0781.JPG
DSCN0782.JPG

DSCN0784.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG
DSCN0787.JPG

Wow, that's minty! I'd say '67-'70, in '71 the had reflector pedals and a BMA/6 certification decal in the seat post. I have the same bike in a 26" version. The 'SE' stamp is from Snyder, who built these for Ward's. They went out of business in the mid '70s, and no known serial/date info exists.

Wow, that's minty! I'd say '67-'70, in '71 the had reflector pedals and a BMA/6 certification decal in the seat post. I have the same bike in a 26" version. The 'SE' stamp is from Snyder, who built these for Ward's. They went out of business in the mid '70s, and no known serial/date info exists.
Great info!

Gorgeous bike - not garage kept but "house kept" condition!

MW was deep into their branding - love the brake arm.

Thanks for the info. Behind the seat post, there is the a stamp the says Moscow, Tennessee. Is that where it was assembled?

Thanks for the info. Behind the seat post, there is the a stamp the says Moscow, Tennessee. Is that where it was assembled?
I believe Troxel was located in Moscow, TN. They made seats for a lot of different bikes.

Back