When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me identify this shelby! (dont get your hopes up, its not a big tank airflow)

-

lobsterboyx

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey - im looking at buying this shelby and i could use some help figuring out what it is.

these are the pictures friend sent me, they are crumby but they are all i have to go on. i can see that the rear wheel is wrong because it has a red band bendix, im also not sure about the chain guard.

5b4104d1-1.jpg

1f0d2271-1.jpg

pre-war? a post war carry-over?

6fa2a2c2-1.jpg

i love the fender stays.

255ea8a7-1.jpg

the tank has really thin gills near the front..

0a7a8c2b-1.jpg

doesn't seem right...

would this have had the shelby script "train" light? is the chain guard wrong?

if i do go for it, would any of you have the parts needed to make her complete?

I believe its post war -early to mid 50s and yes I think the guard is correct. Not sure about teh headlight but probably that style. Not all of the headlights had the script some were plain. v/r Shawn

I have the same chainguard on a Shelby Flyer I picked up last week.

I thought the bike in your photo was often called the "Flying Cloud". Google search will reveal many examples....

There were aftermarket chainguards which were similar, but that's OG, as well as the Wald style chainring. I'd guess the rear rack is aftermarket, and of course a few hardware store washers on the springer!

Back