When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me make a red phantom correct for Ann Arbor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The daughters of old man Koslow ran that place and maybe their brother?....Popped in there a few times, as recently as last April.
Shop was up and running then...
They had a large basement full of old stuff and would occasionally drag something out to sell. I've stood in the 'threshold' of that basement
garage door ....gaping at piles of old stuff haphazardly stored. They would not let you poke around. Bummer they're gone. What else did
you find there? Who made out with the goods?

In the early days (1970s/80s) of California bike collecting, a few of the old guard I know used to have a virtual PIPELINE of incredible
NOS Schwinn stuff here to California where it was sold through the hobby, or Pedal Pushers etc. Massive qtys or incredible NOS bicycle
stuff.... from the old location and sold for peanuts back then.

If anyone has any good stories from picking at the shop, I'd love to hear what turned up? The basement was huge ..
Luckily I was allowed down there the last week's they had the shop and bought out piles of stuff from them
Scott

I bought several sets of right and left hand threaders from behind the furnace. My friend bought two nearly-like Schwinn front brakes--new but pitted. They have been repaired. Whizzer engines German triple headlights NOS. fox tails, handle bar grips, cranks, one set of Stingray peddles--given to my friend. They slowly released bikes that they decided to sell from their own collection. The bikes were assembled in the basement and hung up on pipes during the winter. It was a working area.

I bought several sets of right and left hand threaders from behind the furnace. My friend bought two nearly-like Schwinn front brakes--new but pitted. They have been repaired. Whizzer engines German triple headlights NOS. fox tails, handle bar grips, cranks, one set of Stingray peddles--given to my friend. They slowly released bikes that they decided to sell from their own collection. The bikes were assembled in the basement and hung up on pipes during the winter. It was a working area.
Yep that What I remember I got to mead ranger , And several silver kings from them also so they didn't always have just schwinn stuff. any kind of bike You can remember I was told they have several warehouses still so more to come.
Scott

Coslo bike shop was near the Schwinn factory so the owner used to dumpster dive for seconds. Fast forward two new generations and the shop was located in Lombard, IL and is now closed but not before it was picked clean of Whizzer and Schwinn odds and ends. I think that this is a 1953 that came with a 1990's black Phantom still in the box.

View attachment 704099

View attachment 704100

View attachment 704101

View attachment 704104

View attachment 704105

View attachment 704106

bump I thought that new Schwinn people would like to hear the old Schwinn story from three years ago.

'com on Ray, sell 'em the bike.... everyone on here will love you for it. (well they probably do already, but-)

Back