When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Me Shine a Light on This Enwell

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Put in an 12 volt LED bulb and and run it off of a 9 volt battery inside the shell. Works well and I've done it several times. You can also add an LED flasher unit from AliExpress, which I've also done.

I guess I could just do a Google, couldn't I.

It's really simple- use a new two wire socket, run the wiring through the original switch (if it still works) and you are there. the original system used the bike frame for the ground connection so you have to isolate that.
I bought these for a similar project I'm working on....

9 V Battery Clip Connector

I used cheapies from AliExpress. Bayonet bulb sockets with pigtails, flasher unit, multi-LED bulbs and a USAF surplus toggle switch from sciplus.com .And now I can't find the flasher units... You have to set the blink rate up by pressing some buttons on the tiny, flexible 2"X 3/8" plastic covered controller before screwing the lamp together, but the end result is pretty slick and a lot safer than a wan generator bulb that burns out when you hit 20MPH. It would be nice to change the blink rate from outside the light shell but I haven't figured out a mechanical way to do that. An Arduino circuit and a USB port could do that, but you'd have to plug your iPhone into it. A teenager could design the circuit in their sleep.

I'd like to try that, thanks; you think I'd be able to find instructions and/or a diagram for a conversion like that online?

1D3C03B7-EAA4-49ED-8972-348D5719A600.jpeg

Back