When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me with detective work. The Pedal Pusher Newport Beach, CA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Capt Nemo

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all CABE'rs,

I have a bike I am trying to gather some history on and I am hoping some of you folks might be able to help.

First some backlground...

I used to work for a west coast bike shop specializing in vintage bikes in the 1970s. The place was called "The Pedal Pusher" located on Balboa Peninsula, Newport Beach, CA. The place was owned by Gertrude Vorgang. She was very well networked in the field at the time and she sold me one of her bikes from her stock.

The bike is a 1941 ACE DX with some distinguishing marks on the bottom bracket shell as well as the seat tube.

The BB shell is stamped "LACO D" and has an "L" with a small "B" nested in the "L".

Could anyone confirm if this means:
•"LACO" = Los Angeles County.
•"D" = April
•"L" with the small nested "B" = Bike License

attachment.php

Also there is a partial label on the seatube that is from the place that sold the bike. Kind of a cool label and I am wondering if anyone recognizes it.
attachment.php

1783285B-0CB6-4392-B4DC-00C56CEFFA50.jpeg
CFDDAB5F-E194-4AD5-905B-7A3642ADA8E2.jpeg
Just happened to pick up an 81 Schwinn beach cruiser, it looked like the shop decal said Pedel Pusher, at least I’m thinking that’s what it said because the stickers is in bad shape. Anyways, I’ve been looking all over to try and see if it indeed came from Newport Beach California. So just for a long shot I thought I would ask you since you used to work there. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I’m glad I stumbled across your forum.

QUOTE="Capt Nemo, post: 292122, member: 49652"]Hello all CABE'rs,

I have a bike I am trying to gather some history on and I am hoping some of you folks might be able to help.

First some backlground...

I used to work for a west coast bike shop specializing in vintage bikes in the 1970s. The place was called "The Pedal Pusher" located on Balboa Peninsula, Newport Beach, CA. The place was owned by Gertrude Vorgang. She was very well networked in the field at the time and she sold me one of her bikes from her stock.

The bike is a 1941 ACE DX with some distinguishing marks on the bottom bracket shell as well as the seat tube.

The BB shell is stamped "LACO D" and has an "L" with a small "B" nested in the "L".

Could anyone confirm if this means:
•"LACO" = Los Angeles County.
•"D" = April
•"L" with the small nested "B" = Bike License

attachment.php

Also there is a partial label on the seatube that is from the place that sold the bike. Kind of a cool label and I am wondering if anyone recognizes it.
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Been a while since Nemo was here.
Capt Nemo was last seen:
2y 13w ago
He was the only person I was able to track down, so I figured I’d throw something out there and see if somebody else responded. You guys are awesome, you really helped me solve this problem that’s been driving me crazy. I’ve literally spent hours searching to find this logo.

Back