When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Mead Crusader, and 1892/1893 Western Wheel Works hard tire bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was referring to the fork crown as presented in the various pictures.
The first that showed the crown from a distance, looks like the forged crown has a distinct shoulder almost angled. While some partial close-up views (badge?), look more like a broad arching or curved bend.
Kind of subtle differences, but could just be the lighting or angles.
Hope this helps. You’re right, it is hard to tell in the pics. Not a very quality shot, but it does show it better. This pic decided to focus on the background for some reason🙄

91B7A74C-5B8C-4485-9B64-8875AFB63CF7.jpeg

Welp. Here’s my predicament. The guy who owns them called Antique Archeology and asked them for an appraisal🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ They put him in contact with a guy out in California that supposedly “appraises” bikes for a living. Well. He said they are both Mead cycle company(BS as we know because of earlier in this thread) he said the boys 24” is a girls safety bike(BS) appraised the Western Wheel works(girls safety🙄) bike for 300-350 and the Mead Crusader for 100-1400😳. They appraiser is out of his mind and the seller knows nothing about bikes. It’s a little saddening but I’m not sure what to do. I really really want them, but I definitely can’t pay what it was appraised for. Antique archeology said they’d like to talk to him about buying them if I don’t. Here’s the kicker. He wanted 125(what I heard from someone else) before he changed his mind and wanted to learn more about them(understandable). Now he gets an appraisal by a guy who is out of his mind, and now told me to make an offer, and they’ll listen to any offers from me.(I want that appraiser to see my collection of various bikes. I’m a rich man!🤣) anyways. Looking for advice on what to do. Thanks, Dane.

Well. Looking for advice once again, but not on the same note. I had a heart to heart with the guy🤣. And he said his biggest concern was that he didn’t want them to be sold for profit. Well I don’t plan on selling them ever so it’s looking good for me. He said he just wants me to make an offer that I feel comfortable with and we’d go from there…😁. But now what do I do with the OG tires on the crusader… How do I make them plyable again and will they ever be rideable?

Back