When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, need the 2 narrower springfork chrome rods, up to 1949+-

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

No Repro please

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 26 inch cantilever '49 B6 & it takes the narrower (prewar/postwar up to about 1949) tubular chrome rods that attach to the front axle studs, that work with the spring fork.
A straight, undented, replateable pair is all I need to pretty much complete the bike. Let me know if you have a pair & how much. With shipping to Missouri 65284. Also, on a secondary note, any NOS pieces for this bike are always welcome for consideration. Thanks everyone!

Look this up at Ebay, I think this is what you are looking for.

You can make a pair from 3/8" stainless steal tubing and polish it. Hard to tell them from a real pair at a glance.

Thanks Mike, but they are the wider ones, & they are REPROS. I'm not joking when I chose my "handle" CABE name, "NO REPROS PLEASE"!
And Dave, thank you also but the originality would be gone if i made my own from an alien metal compared to the OEM.
All I want is a nice used pair of OEM. Am willing to wait, but I cannot "substitute". Kind of like if a person can't find the right spouse, they shouldn't marry a "Beanie baby" just to have something!!!!!!!!
But thanks for answering. Good luck to you both.

me got, 85. + ship. rechromed, narrow type for pre/post springer.
Thank you folks, I'm self critical/objective enough to know that this will REALLY make me look "out there" & impossible to please, but I was hoping for replateable ones for around $50 that I can take to my favorite triple chrome plater in Michigan.because I love his work, & I want to build (what I believe) is somewhat of a masterpiece of restoration before I die (I'm already old). I started this project in 1993, put the parts in bubble wrap & got married & raised kids, & now I'm just opening all the stuff back up after nearly 25 years. The painter did Stellar work back in 1993 & used NOS decals throughout. I'm still missing some plated pieces, and it's not easy doing it the hard way that I've selected. I ask the group for extra patience with what can be perceived as "persnickitiness" on steroids.

My truss rods were triple chrome plated by a company in Michigan in the mid nineties and never installed! Offer to sell withdrawn..........

Is this how people treat each other, & me, as a self critical, humble, new member, who loves his bike, on this site??? Should the word "SHAME" come into play? Is this a forum of mutual respect, or HOSTILITY? Am I to feel ashamed for not accepting the first offer that comes, for an item. written in POOR english, with no photos & no clear description? Am I REALLY to be CONDEMNED for this? Do other members feel I should leave???? PLEASE REPLY!

Back