When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, need the 2 narrower springfork chrome rods, up to 1949+-

-

No Repro please

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 26 inch cantilever '49 B6 & it takes the narrower (prewar/postwar up to about 1949) tubular chrome rods that attach to the front axle studs, that work with the spring fork.
A straight, undented, replateable pair is all I need to pretty much complete the bike. Let me know if you have a pair & how much. With shipping to Missouri 65284. Also, on a secondary note, any NOS pieces for this bike are always welcome for consideration. Thanks everyone!

Look this up at Ebay, I think this is what you are looking for.

You can make a pair from 3/8" stainless steal tubing and polish it. Hard to tell them from a real pair at a glance.

Thanks Mike, but they are the wider ones, & they are REPROS. I'm not joking when I chose my "handle" CABE name, "NO REPROS PLEASE"!
And Dave, thank you also but the originality would be gone if i made my own from an alien metal compared to the OEM.
All I want is a nice used pair of OEM. Am willing to wait, but I cannot "substitute". Kind of like if a person can't find the right spouse, they shouldn't marry a "Beanie baby" just to have something!!!!!!!!
But thanks for answering. Good luck to you both.

me got, 85. + ship. rechromed, narrow type for pre/post springer.
Thank you folks, I'm self critical/objective enough to know that this will REALLY make me look "out there" & impossible to please, but I was hoping for replateable ones for around $50 that I can take to my favorite triple chrome plater in Michigan.because I love his work, & I want to build (what I believe) is somewhat of a masterpiece of restoration before I die (I'm already old). I started this project in 1993, put the parts in bubble wrap & got married & raised kids, & now I'm just opening all the stuff back up after nearly 25 years. The painter did Stellar work back in 1993 & used NOS decals throughout. I'm still missing some plated pieces, and it's not easy doing it the hard way that I've selected. I ask the group for extra patience with what can be perceived as "persnickitiness" on steroids.

My truss rods were triple chrome plated by a company in Michigan in the mid nineties and never installed! Offer to sell withdrawn..........

Is this how people treat each other, & me, as a self critical, humble, new member, who loves his bike, on this site??? Should the word "SHAME" come into play? Is this a forum of mutual respect, or HOSTILITY? Am I to feel ashamed for not accepting the first offer that comes, for an item. written in POOR english, with no photos & no clear description? Am I REALLY to be CONDEMNED for this? Do other members feel I should leave???? PLEASE REPLY!

Back