When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed to find age of this Western Flyer Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cowboysnation

On Training Wheels
I have this tricycle from Western Flyer brand but need help to find the year of production.

I am not sure what the value is for current condition or if it's a wise investment to
restore and what the value could be for after doing so?

I am new to this forum but I am glad to find how much interest there is to the tricycle world!

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 216
  • photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 231
  • photo (19).jpg
    photo (19).jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 223
  • photo (17).jpg
    photo (17).jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 200
  • photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 170
  • photo (14).jpg
    photo (14).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 271
  • photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 248
Welcome to the CABE!

I'm guessing your tricycle dates from the early '40s to early '50s. Maybe someone else here can narrow it down or have a more accurate date. This WF tricycle was badged for sale at Western Auto stores although it was actually produced by Junior Toy Co. The rear step plate design with the two pads where a standing passenger would put their feet is a Junior trademark of sorts. Some later Juniors had a star in a circle stamped in the metal instead of the teardrop shaped metal design.

This tricycle is just a standard design of the era and so wouldn't have a great deal of value, even if completely restored to new condition. Unfortunately, with few exceptions, you can't figure on recouping the costs of completely/professionally restoring older tricycles. Looks like a decent job of repainting and finding an appropriate style seat and grips would do wonders for this model without spending a whole lot of money.

Oh, and check out www.tricyclefetish.com on their Junior Toy page. They might have a similar trike shown with approx. age given.

Dave

Last edited:
Welcome to the CABE!

I'm guessing your tricycle dates from the early '40s to early '50s. Maybe someone else here can narrow it down or have a more accurate date. This WF tricycle was badged for sale at Western Auto stores although it was actually produced by Junior Toy Co. The rear step plate design with the two pads where a standing passenger would put their feet is a Junior trademark of sorts. Some later Juniors had a star in a circle stamped in the metal instead of the teardrop shaped metal design.

This tricycle is just a standard design of the era and so wouldn't have a great deal of value, even if completely restored to new condition. Unfortunately, with few exceptions, you can't figure on recouping the costs of completely/professionally restoring older tricycles. Looks like a decent job of repainting and finding an appropriate style seat and grips would do wonders for this model without spending a whole lot of money.

Oh, and check out www.tricyclefetish.com on their Junior Toy page. They might have a similar trike shown with approx. age given.

Dave

Ridingtoy,

Thank you for the information and for your time!

Back