When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed with Scwhinn Fastback cable clamps

-

1966fastbacks

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am familiar with late 60's clamps. I recently purchased a 74 with thumb shifter that is missing the clamps. I have no idea what they looked like.
Does anyone know the history of these clamps through the years 66-76?
Thank you, Tom

I am familiar with late 60's clamps. I recently purchased a 74 with thumb shifter that is missing the clamps. I have no idea what they looked like.
Does anyone know the history of these clamps through the years 66-76?
Thank you, Tom

You can buy original ones on ebay for about 15 bucks
I bought a repop one for about 10 bucks you cant even tell the difference
Thats for the double hump one to hold 2 cables, and you might need a single hump one also
You can see the double hump clamp holding 2 cables
on my Manta Ray

I am sorry I went down in the basement and looked at my Fast back with a thumb shifter and the clamp is different,,they are chrome and decorative they hold 2 cables and there are 2 of them

Attachments

• ray ray 003.jpg
    ray ray 003.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thanks guys. I always thought they used 2 of the standard double hump clamps. But my Stardust has a fancier champ and i have seen pictures of a more decorative one. Knowing Schwinn they probably used both. Thank you, Tom

Back