When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on a Schwinn Trike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Flyingbikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can anyone give me a ballpark price on what a 1963 Schwinn trike is worth. Has original paint on the frame. It’s not something I would normally buy but I’m intrigued with this bike for some reason.
Thanks

IMG_1713.jpeg

Looks like a Schwinn girls frame bike with a "single side drive" RET BAR conversion kit installed. The fork, sting ray bars, and the sting ray (polo) seat do not add to the value of the bike, and IMO will make it more difficult to resell. Put normal parts on it and I see a $150 retail price. The Schwinn Town and Country tri bikes used the narrow 1 3/8 1 1/4 S5 S6 (60 PSI) high pressure rims. You would also want to drop the 46t front sprocket size down to a 36 tooth for easier pedaling.

John

Can anyone give me a ballpark price on what a 1963 Schwinn trike is worth. Has original paint on the frame. It’s not something I would normally buy but I’m intrigued with this bike for some reason.
Thanks

View attachment 1851020

It is a custom made bike, made from many different non original parts. The value is subjective, I wouldn't buy it unless the price was right, and I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it.

Here is what a factory original bike should look like.........

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0575.jpg

Looks like a Schwinn girls frame bike with a "single side drive" RET BAR conversion kit installed. The fork, sting ray bars, and the sting ray (polo) seat do not add to the value of the bike, and IMO will make it more difficult to resell. Put normal parts on it and I see a $150 retail price. The Schwinn Town and Country tri bikes used the narrow 1 3/8 1 1/4 S5 S6 (60 PSI) high pressure rims. You would also want to drop the 46t front sprocket size down to a 36 tooth for easier pedaling.

John
Thanks John, I appreciate your input! Cheers

Back