When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on Value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
IMG_9606.PNG
I thinking about buying this Huffy brand made in England . Thought it would be a nice rider , all original , any help on the going price is appreciated

Last edited:
Under $100. While I believe these were made by Raleigh, the Huffy badge seems to drop the value quite a bit.

For what its worth those were built by Raleigh but that is the 2nd level of frames they built not the top level that were badged Raleigh or Carlton. The forks among other things were different. Roger

I recently bought a similar bike built by Raleigh of Canada, in Quebec around 1974. It's unused, basically NOS, (although less equipped than the one you looked at) and I paid $100 CDN, or about $80 US. In other words, they're not worth much, even in perfect condition. Still a nice looking bike though.

20170704_202839.jpg

I recently bought a similar bike built by Raleigh of Canada, in Quebec around 1974. It's unused, basically NOS, (although less equipped than the one you looked at) and I paid $100 CDN, or about $80 US. In other words, they're not worth much, even in perfect condition. Still a nice looking bike though.

View attachment 685118

Amazes me that the bike in the photo in that condition only "worth" $80 US. A quality bike that with proper care will last for generations or would you rather have a full suspension guaranteed to rust quickly Magna?

1950s+ road bikes are rarely valuable. There are a few, but most are not. The bikes in this thread are of good build quality, but not top of the line, hence the prices. Buy them if you like them, that is all that matters in the end.

Amazes me that the bike in the photo in that condition only "worth" $80 US. A quality bike that with proper care will last for generations or would you rather have a full suspension guaranteed to rust quickly Magna?

I agree it is amazing, but then there's the old expression, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The way in which I acquired this bike says it all: The seller listed it on a local for sale site (Kijiji) at, I think, $180 (CDN), and when it didn't sell kept reposting it at a lower price. There were no takers at $160, none at $140, or even $120. As far as I know I was the only interested party at $100 ($80 US). So, it's not like I got a good deal from someone who didn't know the item's true value. Thousands of people had multiple opportunities to buy this bike. Market forces spoke loud and clear in this case. The following weekend I took the bike to a well-attended annual vintage bike show and swap meet. There was a 50-something man who was overjoyed to see the bike because it was identical to the bike he rode as a child. He was beaming, and asked if his wife could take his photo with the bike. I offered to sell him the bike but he wasn't interested - didn't even make an offer - just walked away smiling. I think a lot of "normal" people out there are adverse to having stuff or "clutter" around their house. These are the same people who throw perfectly good bikes in the garbage and are a source of bikes for many of us collectors! ...I love the bike and it has joined my "permanent collection" of made-in-Canada bicycles, but then I'm not "normal" - lol.

Last edited:
Back