When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help regarding 1895 Louis Hoffman TOC bicycle

-
If that Morrow is the original hub then I’m thinking the bike is about 10 years newer than you think

If that Morrow is the original hub then I’m thinking the bike is about 10 years newer than you think
The Hoffman Bicycle Company only made bikes from 1895-1899.
I think the very first Morrow hub was not produced until 1903.....so probably not the original hub.
The seat and pedals also do appear to be later as well.
Not sure about the handlebars.
How would you rate this bike if you discovered it in someone's old garage?

That bell or whatever on the handlebars is worth further investigating. The bike itself is a little rough, not original, and has no exciting features. To be fair I’m not a TOC guy but still not something I’d get really excited about. Maybe the others have a different take on this

That bell or whatever on the handlebars is worth further investigating. The bike itself is a little rough, not original, and has no exciting features. To be fair I’m not a TOC guy but still not something I’d get really excited about. Maybe the others have a different take on this
I believe the "bell" on the handlebars is an oil container to hold extra oil for the Neverout lantern that was mounted on the bike.
Just a guess.
I really appreciate your input.

A bit a literature below showing a Baker/Hoffman relationship:

3DC06A6B-8C2D-4ABE-ACD2-BB0DF86C92C9.jpg

Back