When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help removing cranks 1897 Crescent

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SilverBullet08

Finally riding a big boys bike
Any input on removing cranks of the 1897 Crescent tandem?Thank you in advance

5E71FCA1-B9A1-4B60-AE14-52D33F08846C.jpeg

32B14844-5894-478A-906D-34A5F004A3BA.jpeg

3FC50EFD-2829-42F4-BD7D-EC76E55F9FBD.jpeg

E3023889-5FC9-4722-A8AA-CA77E05E3408.jpeg

Thank you for the links and that’s a beautiful job restoring one but it still did not explain to me how that is removed and I don’t wanna damage it

Thank you for the links and that’s a beautiful job restoring one but it still did not explain to me how that is removed and I don’t wanna damage it
I would wait for one of the people who I tagged to drop in, the two links I posted were of guys who own the same style bike and could have the knowledge you want.

Looks tapered with a key. Idk what kind of ball joint puller you used but a fly wheel puller is what I use for stuff like this. If it's tapered you need constant even pressure. So tighten the flywheel puller down with a decent amount of pressure the strike the side of the crank arm by where the spindle connects with a copper or brass hammer. This should pop it right off. Ps: these come in a range of sizes and different arm counts you kind of have to find one that best fits. They do sell them in kits with a bunch of different one. Hope this helps.

Back