When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help sorting out numbers on 68 Apple Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for the advice. Next question as a newbie
Im trying to come up with a value . I have done some research and have seen numbers from
1300 to 10 Grand ..Needless to say all could be right or way off in both directions .
For a one owner krate with early build number , and all there I'm guessing about 4Gs
I was thinking of offering it here first , then taking it to the huge bike show that was at
the Saline / Washtenaw area fairgrounds ( Heard it moved ) The proper name escapes me.
The bike won a first place award there some years ago as shown in my new member intro post.
Or should I start another thread to ask these questions ?
Thanks for the patience with a newbie
Dave

AS noted I'm not a expert but I do remember the Orange Krate was on the dealers floor before I saw a Apple Krate available

Getting old really sucks!, great bike and sounds like you have good memories, if your downsizing and have a lot of stuff to sell original owner stuff should be the last to go, your son or grandson have no interest?, I wish I still had my OG lime StingRay, think I would probably take it with me 6 feet under, I still have my dads 55 Spitfire but think it's to big for my box ( with all my other og slotcars/models/cox gas stuff I don't think any of my family really cares about ) and just doesn't have the memories of my first StingRay!

MRG
Sounds like you and I and I'm sure others here shared a lot in common growing up.
I lived and breathed Models of all kinds , And then slotcars were a obsession ..Bikes for sure. I lived on my
Apple Krate everyday. Just look at the seat with the stripe rubbed off. Then Gokarts, Mini bikes 5hp Little Indians
And baseball games too. Lived in a area where houses were being built and we would jump the dirt mounds and basements .
Then Camaros and Motorcycles.
Life is good
Dave

I went on to Taco minibikes, gokarts, skateboarding, surfing, motorcycles ( mostly dirt bikes ) and VW's and still reliving those days!

5BF3EF7A-0C0F-45CA-9A48-C8B0190B88C5.jpeg

C4C75222-0A68-4D4C-8AE9-8AF7FA0DB80E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back