When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help sorting out numbers on 68 Apple Krate

-
Thanks for the advice. Next question as a newbie
Im trying to come up with a value . I have done some research and have seen numbers from
1300 to 10 Grand ..Needless to say all could be right or way off in both directions .
For a one owner krate with early build number , and all there I'm guessing about 4Gs
I was thinking of offering it here first , then taking it to the huge bike show that was at
the Saline / Washtenaw area fairgrounds ( Heard it moved ) The proper name escapes me.
The bike won a first place award there some years ago as shown in my new member intro post.
Or should I start another thread to ask these questions ?
Thanks for the patience with a newbie
Dave

AS noted I'm not a expert but I do remember the Orange Krate was on the dealers floor before I saw a Apple Krate available

Getting old really sucks!, great bike and sounds like you have good memories, if your downsizing and have a lot of stuff to sell original owner stuff should be the last to go, your son or grandson have no interest?, I wish I still had my OG lime StingRay, think I would probably take it with me 6 feet under, I still have my dads 55 Spitfire but think it's to big for my box ( with all my other og slotcars/models/cox gas stuff I don't think any of my family really cares about ) and just doesn't have the memories of my first StingRay!

MRG
Sounds like you and I and I'm sure others here shared a lot in common growing up.
I lived and breathed Models of all kinds , And then slotcars were a obsession ..Bikes for sure. I lived on my
Apple Krate everyday. Just look at the seat with the stripe rubbed off. Then Gokarts, Mini bikes 5hp Little Indians
And baseball games too. Lived in a area where houses were being built and we would jump the dirt mounds and basements .
Then Camaros and Motorcycles.
Life is good
Dave

I went on to Taco minibikes, gokarts, skateboarding, surfing, motorcycles ( mostly dirt bikes ) and VW's and still reliving those days!

5BF3EF7A-0C0F-45CA-9A48-C8B0190B88C5.jpeg

C4C75222-0A68-4D4C-8AE9-8AF7FA0DB80E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back