When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help sorting out numbers on 68 Apple Krate

-
I'm curious. Is their a log / history log of serial numbers as to start and end of bikes / krates built for each years production

You can look up when your bike frame was stamped (that's all I will say about it 🙃)
based on old Schwinn factory records here:
Schwinn Serial Number Chart
That’s actually not quite accurate. The drop out, head tube our other bike components were stamped on the date associated to the serial numbers. Then sometime later that component was used to build a frame.

That’s actually not quite accurate. The drop out, head tube our other bike components were stamped on the date associated to the serial numbers. Then sometime later that component was used to build a frame.
Close enough to give you an idea of month and year at least.

Well on a Krate it is stamped month/yr & 90% of the time the other parts such as the crank/gooseneck/ handlebars/ tires/ rear hubs. etc. If it all jives your pretty much good to go. For the most part. Most changes happen on M code bikes ... end of the yr that combines past yr with new yr parts.

Please tell me what I said that was not accurate.

I looked up my serial number ED28878 It says my bike was stamped June 1rst of 1959
Must have been a real early Apple Krate LOL

• Haha
Reactions: mrg
Back