When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help to identify old tricycle with unusual handlebars.

-

Glenn2819

On Training Wheels
Bought this old tricycle at an estate sale for $35 mainly because of the unusual handlebars but I have had no luck researching to find the manufacturer or approximate age. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tricycleIMG_0444.jpg

tricycle2IMG_0443.jpg

The body looks a little like Velo King but the construction and step plate are not typical Velo King. Maybe later Gendron Wheel Co.? Looks like a copy of sorts of the Murray rams horn trikes. I do have a 12" project with a similar body but am pretty sure it is Murray too. Here are mine. V/r Shawn

Can you post a flat side shot of it & are there any shadows from a badge or sticker? The truss rods & such may help
Can you post a flat side shot of it & are there any shadows from a badge or sticker? The truss rods & such may help

I can not see any evidence of a badge or sticker on the tricycle.

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

The body looks a little like Velo King but the construction and step plate are not typical Velo King. Maybe later Gendron Wheel Co.? Looks like a copy of sorts of the Murray rams horn trikes. I do have a 12" project with a similar body but am pretty sure it is Murray too. Here are mine. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1376101

View attachment 1376102

View attachment 1376103

View attachment 1376104

View attachment 1376105
Thanks for the information and photos. Very interesting.

I've googled the crap out of prewar tricycles & none of them are showing close to it. I found plenty that look similar to yours with the "shrouds" but this atom bomb shape is weird
Thank you appreciate the help. Many of these antique tricycles are beautifully designed.

Back