When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help to identity an old bicycle – Rudge? Mid 1940’s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kawajaboy

On Training Wheels
Hi All

Searching the internet to try and identify an old family bicycle that my grandmother bought in the mid 1940’s in South Africa and came upon this site. It has been lying in the attic for over 25 years and unfortunately not in a good state any more. I think the time is right to try and restore it as much as possible ;)

From what I can figure out it is a Raleigh Rudge. Please correct me if I am wrong! Does anybody know if I will be able to track down the year model? I have attached some photos.

Thanks

1 (1).JPG

1 (2).JPG

1 (3).JPG

1 (4).JPG

1 (5).JPG

1 (6).JPG

1 (7).JPG

1 (9).JPG

1 (10).JPG

1 (11).JPG

Based on what is presented here, 1940s seems correct. Rudge merged with Raleigh around 1943. It looks like you have a "Nottingham" logo on the back fender. The oil fillers also have a period consistent look to them. It doesn't have a lot of "black out" parts though, and I wonder about the crank set being a replacement of some sort just kind of based on the look of it. It's a good family piece and is worth cleaning up.

Back