When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Unburied bicycle. Looking for identification!!!

-

Drosentreter

I live for the CABE
Help! Literally dug this bicycle out of a ditch at my house. Three more where it came, from but all in about the same condition. Clearly not worth much but curious on age and what it may be. Sticker on steer tube I know is of the rear half of a second generation corvette, but bike seems to be a 20” and Schwinn never had that sticker in place of the emblem. Any ideas are welcome. I cannot find any markings on the frame for a serial number, but clearly I haven’t done much cleaning on it. If you want close up pics of anything let me know and I’ll snag some.

C3582FD0-B807-42E4-8EBB-BCAAE4C06780.jpeg

AB6BE185-D635-45D8-B139-894FCAC5F0F2.jpeg

D91C1F59-5599-4155-8966-3972EBBA72E7.jpeg

2 more things. The sticker on the front says “worlds fastest” and then what I assume is corvette after. Very well could have been some kid who put his favorite sticker on his bike. The other thing is that it has black paint on the rear forks(does a better word exist for these or are they just referred to as rear forks?) it also has white paint on the steer tube. Thanks fo any help, Dane

Last edited:
Some people like to add a little iron to their gardening soil.
What do the other 3 bikes look like?
Sadly don’t know yet haha. I’ve just seen bits and pieces of them sticking through the dirt. When I say buried I mean BURIED. Thought there was only two until I started digging this one up lol. Then found the rear dropout of one sticking out of the dirt, and the forks off of another. Those two were about a foot and a half underground. This one was about 8 inches. I’m pretty sure a family of 4 just decided to get new bikes and tossed their old ones in our ditch way back before we owned it. Hard to say though.

Back