When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help!! What’s it worth?

-
The American Deluxe had the streamline tanks with hanging tabs under the top bar. That tank looks like a later Schwinn aftermarket piece, and some didn't have horns.
One quick easy way to tell is the type of screw head it has.

I’m not sure about the originality of the tank, or if it’s a repop. I don’t think Americans came with them ever, but I was curious if there is a way to tell OG tanks from repops without having them side by side…
The decal is pretty much the give away because its a copy of a balloon era script yet its almost screen printed on there with no signs of being a decal. Ive picked up a few fake ones for friends and this one looks exactly like em.
Chances are the rack is from the same bike as the tank.

Close up of a 95 repop tank so you can see what i mean about the decal and also confirms the screw head comment by @GTs58 .
Still worth buying if the price is right because repop parts still sell! Lol

7D0BBA35-61CE-4AC1-9E99-EF14BB5A8D10.jpeg

I told the lady I would take it for what it was listed for last night, right after she told me she’d check for a serial number tomorrow morning(today). She didn’t open it until today, and when she did she told me it was sold. “I listed it on some other sites and it sold on there”.

What I didn’t say but I’d like to have.
You’re telling me that it sold in the 2 minutes between the time that you answered me and I said I’d take it?

I told the lady I would take it for what it was listed for last night, right after she told me she’d check for a serial number tomorrow morning(today). She didn’t open it until today, and when she did she told me it was sold. “I listed it on some other sites and it sold on there”.

What I didn’t say but I’d like to have.
You’re telling me that it sold in the 2 minutes between the time that you answered me and I said I’d take it?
Dane I always tell myself something better will come along.

Back