When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP - What is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
Quite likely there is or was a MADE IN CHINA sticker somewhere on this -that sticker may yield a date of manufacture -this particular style of bicycle is called a 'LOWRIDER' -these types of bicycles are not very old -it would be quite surprising if this is 30 / 35 years old ( likely not ) -SUN is a distributor out of Miami, Florida, they are well known for adult tricycles for retirees / handicapped -there product offering is heavily focused on the retiree or beach lifestyle that abounds in Florida and the manufacture of their product is almost entirely from China, the parts on that bicycle will be almost entirely from China -look on the backside of the crankarms or underneath the seat, there may be some sort of date-code there ( look also at what is stamped into the side of the coaster-brake brakearm )

Quite likely there is or was a MADE IN CHINA sticker somewhere on this -that sticker may yield a date of manufacture -this particular style of bicycle is called a 'LOWRIDER' -these types of bicycles are not very old -it would be quite surprising if this is 30 / 35 years old ( likely not ) -SUN is a distributor out of Miami, Florida, they are well known for adult tricycles for retirees / handicapped -there product offering is heavily focused on the retiree or beach lifestyle that abounds in Florida and the manufacture of their product is almost entirely from China, the parts on that bicycle will be almost entirely from China -look on the backside of the crankarms or underneath the seat, there may be some sort of date-code there ( look also at what is stamped into the side of the coaster-brake brakearm )
I will this weekend and let you know what I found. I was in a bit hurry this morning, but will get better info . Thanks again , it's something to talk about .

Lowrider is close-ish, but no cigar. This style is called a Stretch. Think of the Dyno Stretch that made this trend popular.
Unfortunately, they don't say a year of manufacture....but they do list the installed parts that would help you verify the bike as a factory issue and not anything special made.

Lowrider is close-ish, but no cigar. This style is called a Stretch. Think of the Dyno Stretch that made this trend popular.
Unfortunately, they don't say a year of manufacture....but they do list the installed parts that would help you verify the bike as a factory issue and not anything special made.
Thanks for info. That is pretty d__m close !

I will this weekend and let you know what I found. I was in a bit hurry this morning, but will get better info . Thanks again , it's something to talk about .
The man with the bike has not been home this weekend . I have found out that SUN is actually made in Miami, and have been building bikes since 1972 . Thanks so much for your help , it has been greatly appreciated.

Back